DLC executive committee and company secretaries
1 John Lindahl, 54 – Group technical director
- August 2011
- graduated in pulp and paper engineering from the Technical University of Helsinki in 1985 and an MBA from Jyvaskyla University in 1996
- between 1985 and 2000 had an extensive career in the forest industry working in different operational managerial positions in Finland, United States and France in companies including M-real, Myllykoski and UPM. At UPM he then moved on to tasks within corporate technology and investment co-ordination.
- From the industry he moved on to consulting and engineering company Pöyry where he held different executive positions in the forest industry business group being involved in advisory services, pre-engineering studies and major implementation projects for the global Pulp and Paper Industry until 2011.
- External appointments:
3 Philip Laubscher, 58 – Company secretary Mondi Limited
Philip Laubscher, who holds BProc and LLB degrees and is an attorney of the High Court of South Africa, was in-house counsel with national power utility Eskom for 15 years before joining Mondi in 1999 as head of legal services. He was appointed company secretary of Mondi Limited in January 2001.
2 Ron Traill, 59 – Chief executive officer: South Africa Division
- January 2008
- graduated in mechanical engineering and management from Dundee Colleges in Scotland in 1980
- began his career as an industrial engineer with DRG Packaging Group, working in its Scottish paper mill. Went on to hold a succession of posts within the company, leading ultimately to his appointment as general manager. Following DRG’s acquisition by Sappi in 1990, he worked for 10 years in a number of general management roles.
- Has also held senior operational positions with Fletcher Challenge and with Tullis Russell, the UK’s largest independent paper mill.
- Joined Mondi in 2003 as managing director of the Štěti pulp and paper mill in the Czech Republic, also assuming responsibility for the Mondi packaging paper business in Ružomberok, Slovakia. He then relocated to South Africa, being appointed chief executive officer of the South Africa Division on 1 January 2008.
- External appointments:
4 Carol Hunt, 52 – Company secretary Mondi plc
Carol Hunt, a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators, spent 15 years with The BOC Group plc, holding various roles in the company secretariat, the last six years as deputy company secretary. She joined Mondi in November 2006 and was formally appointed company secretary of Mondi plc in May 2007.